7 Essential Reasons You Should Have a Home Gym
The home gym is an amazing resource that you should be taking advantage of. Between hectic schedules to the non-sense going on in commercial gyms, home gym training is the safe-haven for people looking to train in a manner that actually produces results. There are many reasons why you should have a home gym and I encourage you to read on as one of these reasons could be very pertinent to your individual situation.
1. Life Gets In The Way: It is always a good idea to have a contingency plan. Sometimes despite our best laid plans, life gets in the way and unforeseen obstacles can interrupt your training schedule. Having a home gym that you can rely on will ensure that you can fit in your training sessions and stay on track despite the uncertainty of life.
2. Home Gym Training Fits Your Schedule: If you have a home gym you don't have to worry about driving to the commercial gym and fitting training into your schedule. Quoting Coach John Davies, "It doesn't make sense to drive 40 minutes to the gym to workout for 20 minutes only to drive another 40 minutes back home!"
By training at home you can also completely avoid the busy times at the local so-called "fitness center." Having your own home gym gives you the freedom to train when you want to train.
3. A Training Environment That You Enjoy: A key benefit of having your very own home gym is that you get to set up a training environment that you enjoy. No need to worry about dropping the weights on the floor a little too loudly and scaring the people doing the machine circuit. More here best treadmill machine for walking
There is also no need to suffer through Britney Spears signing "hit me baby one more time" while performing Squats and no need to stifle your primal yells during your next set of squats so as not to offend others. In your home gym you can play whatever music you like at whatever volume you like. You can put up posters and pictures that motivate you and set up your home gym in a way that is conducive to your Renegade training style.
4. Focus: One key benefit of having a home gym is to avoid the distractions found in most chain gyms. I recently interviewed Coach Dan John and he said the following, "Look. I could train at a chain gym in Las Vegas so that I could look at all of the beautiful girls working out but if I really want to get something accomplished during my training session I will continue training in my garage gym so that I can achieve the results I am looking for."
As someone who is looking to achieve real results you need to focus on the task at hand and training in your own home gym can help you keep your mind focused on hard training. Once you try home gym training you may never go back to training in a commercial gym (if you can help it).
5. Privacy: If you have your own home gym you can train how ever you want and invite whoever over to train with you. You also don't have to worry about dress-code and you can train barefoot without being yelled at. It is also nice not to be stared-at the entire training session and to avoid people hitting on you every time you go to them gym (some people are shameless at some of these commercial gyms!).
6. Save Money On A Gym Membership: Let's face it. Gym memberships can be expensive. I encourage you to calculate how much you spend on your gym membership every year. For some people this total approaches a thousand dollars! Now fast forward ten years and total up how much you have spent on a gym membership.