The first thing to look at is the price of the different types of housing in Singapore.
This is the most crucial step to determine which house you will most likely be purchasing as your first home, given your financial capabilities.
BTO HDB Flats (Non-Mature Estates)
- Three-Room: S$150,000 to S$200,000Four-Room: S$295,000 to S$350,000
- Five-Room: S$390,000 to S$500,000
BTO HDB Flats (Mature Estates)
- Three-Room: S$200,000 to S$300,000
- Four-Room: S$290,000 to S$320,000
- Five-Room: S$400,000 to S$550,000
HDB Resale Flats
- Three-Room: S$245,000 to S$410,000
- Four-Room: S$300,000 to S$550,000
- Five-Room: S$550,000 to S$750,000
- One-Room/Studio Apartment: Approx. SS$420,000 to SS$560,000
- Two-Room: Approx S$650,000 to S$720,000
- Three-Room: Approx S$750,000 to S$1,093,000
- Four-Room: Approx S$1,110,000 to S$,1594,000
- Five-Room: Approx S$1,600,000 to 1,800,000
- Penthouse: Min. S$1,900,000
- One-Room/Studio Apartment: Approx. S$600,000 to S$700,000
- Two-Room: Approx S$800,000 to S$900,000
- Three-Room: Approx S$1,000,000 to S$1,200,000
- Four-Room: Approx S$1,400,000 to S$2,000,000
- Five-Room: Approx S$2,000,000 to 2,400,000
- Penthouse: Min. S$3,000,000
- Terrace Houses: Approx S$1,900,000 to S$4,000,000
- Semi-detached Houses: Approx S$3,400,000 to S$6,100,000
- Detached Houses: Approx S$6,900,000 to S$16,500,000
- Good Class Bungalows: Min. $10,000,000
After you have a rough idea about the prices of the different kind of Penrose condo in Singapore, you’ll be able to better plan out your finances and make realistic goals.
Readmore: Is retirement planning through property possible?